Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Spraying greens

We are spraying greens by hand from now on. I want to keep the big sprayers off the greens and I am very happy with the results of spraying by hand.

We are testing a new combination growth regulator on greens. We have been testing this product for the last month and a half. It does a much better job at really hurting the poa on the greens, giving the bent grass an opportunity to get the upper hand. This is a test that I normally wouldn't do, but since there is no worry about the long term effects on the greens I thought this would be the perfect year to do it. I have toyed with the idea of using a combination of different regulators on the greens in the past, but with the worry of keeping our current greens through the summer, I've never really pulled the trigger on being very aggressive on the poa. There are a lot of superintendents in the area that are asking about our results and I think that this product has the opportunity to really help guys with poa problems in older greens. I think we are close to having the rates dialed in, and it is doing a good job in helping us keep consistently fast greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment