Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dry and new equipment

There are some lines in the rough from the exhaust of one of the new tractors we just got in. The hot exhaust is angled out of the tractor onto the turf, burning the grass. You don't even know it's happening until a few days later when you start to see the tip burn. I'm currently working with the vendor to fix this issue. Shouldn't be a huge deal. The Bermuda will grow out of it in a week or so.

On another note....it's the driest stretch I've seen out here in 3 years. Really dry. Just look under the trees where we don't have irrigation. Irrigation coverage sticks out like a sore thumb now! I can't wait to shut this system down for the year. All the guys are sick of working on leaks and troubleshooting electrical and wiring issues. I know I'm ready to throw that wire tracer in the pond. We have been nonstop on irrigation work the last 2 weeks. Come on cool weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment