Friday, July 5, 2013

Mowing

Yesterday and today it has dried out enough to get all the short grass mowed. The rough is going to be the challenge. With all the rain early in the week, then 4th of July preparations, and an 18 hole shotgun on Friday, it's a lost cause until this weekend. I was hoping to wait until Monday - working the guys full days on the weekend really sends my labor through the roof, but I don't think I have an option this weekend.

Once we do mow it is going to make an absolute mess. I have raised the rough mowers 1/2" to compensate for the growth and hopefully decrease the amount of scalping and clippings. After we get it mown I will lower it back down a 1/4". Throughout the season we have to gradually increase the length of the rough to compensate for growth, density, and growth characteristics later in the year. I start the rough out at just above an inch and usually by the end of the year it will be at 1.5-1.75". I try to keep it as short as possible as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment